The types of personal data we collect from you may include:
- your name;
- mailing address(es);
- telephone number(s);
- email address(es);
- date and month of birth;
- current occupation;
- whether you have kids and if so, their gender;
- marketing preferences;
- payment information and transaction details;
- aggregated site statistics data;
- any other information you choose to provide to us, or that we may collect about you through your interactions with our website.
We will indicate if the collection and provision of certain categories of personal data is mandatory. For any such categories, we may not be able to provide you with access to the certain features of our website or order any products if you do not provide us with the required information.
Your personal data is collected when you:
- request services from us such as subscribing to our newsletter or mailing lists for post or phone updates;
- fill in any forms on our website;
- submit a CV, job application, or any comment, question or feedback to us, or contact or correspond with us in any way; and
- make purchases of goods or services through our website.
Your personal data will be used for the following purposes:
- To facilitate your access to our website or (if applicable) the creation of your user account with our website;
- To evaluate your website preferences and for the maintenance of the website;
- To evaluate and manage your online job application (if applicable);
- To send you updates via email, post or telephone where appropriate;
- To answer your queries, respond to your comments and feedback, or provide you with assistance in any other way;
- To identify the causes of problems arising at web servers and to resolve these problems;
- To improve the content of the website;
- To customize the content of the website and our emails to suit your individual interests or purposes and selectively display best-matched pages to you;
- To utilize your browsing history on the website for demographic research; and
- To obtain analytical data of web visitors and aggregated website visitation statistics which are anonymous in nature.
We do not sell or trade your personal data to external parties. However in order to provide the above services to you, we may share, including transfer out of Singapore, your personal data with the following entities:
- Companies involved in running our website such as payment service providers;
- Professional service providers, such as marketing agencies, advertising partners websites hosts and 3rd party platform providers, who help us to run our business;
- Companies approved by you, such as social media sites (if you choose to link your account to us); and
- Law enforcement and fraud prevention agencies or anybody required by law.
We may also disclose or transfer personal data as otherwise permitted or required by law, including for compliance with regulations on anti-money laundering and countering the financing of terrorism.
In the event that our business is sold or integrated with another business, your details will be disclosed to our advisers and any prospective purchaser’s adviser and will be passed to the new owners of the business.
A cookie is a text file that is placed on your hard drive by a web page server. Cookies cannot be used to run programs or deliver viruses to your computer. Cookies are uniquely assigned to you, and can only be read by a web server in the domain that issued the cookie to you.
We may also collect technical information from your web browser or mobile device or your use of our services through a web browser or mobile device, for example, location data and certain characteristics of, and performance data about your device, carrier/operating system including device and connection type and IP address. Unless you have elected to remain anonymous through your device and/or the web browser, the above mentioned information may be collected and used by us automatically through your use of our website.
Additionally, we may share non-personally identifiable information with third parties, such as location data, advertising identifiers, or a cryptographic hash of a common account identifier (such as an email address), to facilitate the display of targeted advertising.
We may also use this information to ensure a smooth user experience, perform analytics, and for showing relevant advertisements. We use Google Analytics to collect and process the data we collect.
Most Web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you may modify your browser setting to decline cookies. If you disable cookies, however, some of the features of our website may not function properly.
Links To Third Party Websites
Opting-Out / Withdrawal Of Consent / Retention Of Data
If you would like to unsubscribe from our newsletter, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Your personal data will be retained for as long as it is necessary to fulfill the purpose for which it is collected or for business or legal purposes, or in accordance with applicable laws. Your personal data may also continue to be retained on our databases to the extent permitted by law.
All other questions on our use of your personal data should be addressed to email@example.com
Last updated 12 December 2020.